A beautiful smile is undoubtedly a great physical asset. Your smile is the first thing that attracts people and makes you seem more friendly and approachable. Having a great smile can also boost your confidence when facing people and going about your daily routines. One of the easiest ways to have that perfect set of pearly whites is through a teeth whitening treatment from your nearest dental clinic in Dubai.
While many people get their teeth whitened either professionally or from home, these come with little to no visible results if they are not properly maintained. Teeth whitening will surely make your teeth whiter, brighter and stain free. But, improper care will take you back to square one- stained and yellowed teeth.
In this article, we break down the dos and don’ts of teeth whitening as told by our expert dentists to help you care for your teeth after a whitening treatment.
The Dos For A Beautiful Smile
- Although there are numerous teeth whitening options available in the market, it is safe and much more effective to get it done professionally. Dentists normally bleach your teeth from their dental clinic in Dubai or allow you to use the product at home depending upon the change you need to affect your teeth. The procedure is ideal for men and women who already have healthy teeth.
- When it comes to maintaining your sparkly smile, you must keep your diet in check. Whether you like it or not, eating fresh vegetables is not only good for your body, but also for your teeth. Crunchy vegetables, for instance, is great for your teeth as it is known to help remove stains from your teeth.
- It goes without saying that you must make dental hygiene as part of your daily routine. Brushing and flossing twice a day will ensure that your teeth have little to no plaque buildup. Plaque and stains form on your teeth every time you eat or drink anything and leaving your teeth dull and yellowed in the long run. Dental hygienists in Dubai from your nearest dental clinic can easily help you remove the tartar buildup on your teeth prior to your whitening session.
The Don’ts That Never Help
- Do not use cheap over the counter whitening options which can do more bad than good. Opt for products or professional services form your nearest dental clinic in Dubai that’s good for your teeth as well as your overall health. There are products available in the market, which can be too hard or completely useless on your teeth leaving your teeth at a higher risk of stains and yellowing.
- As a general rule, do not consume any food that tends to stain your teeth. Although this might not be possible always, reducing the intake of staining liquids like coffee and red wine and keeping away from smoking can drastically help in maintaining your whitened teeth. Acidic and sugary foods and drinks are known to erode the enamel, which in turn leads to stronger staining of the teeth.
- While having whiter teeth is beautiful, do not overdo it. Unnaturally white teeth will look odd and obvious to others and will kill the whole effect. Further, over-use of these products will alter the structure of the teeth in the long run, increasing teeth sensitivity.
So, if you are looking forward to having perfect pearly whites, visit the experts at your nearest dental clinic in Dubai today.