Most often, broken, missing and damaged teeth are a cause of pain and embarrassment for the sufferers. But now, dental implants are a very common treatment that replaces missing teeth in adults. Having implants will also help stabilize and establish a dental harmony in the patient, which reduces any kind of pain and discomfort that occurs otherwise.
It is estimated that nearly 3 million people have dental implants across the world according to a study conducted by the American Academy of Implant Dentistry. Individuals with dental implants have to be extra careful about their dentures and maintain them routinely for their longevity. Just like natural teeth, the dentures need to be clean and free of bacteria and plaque to prevent any sort of infection. It is essential to remove the tenacious biofilm which forms around the peri-implant can develop can result in implant loss. So, dental hygienists in Dubai recommend the best methods to care for your dental implants.
Caring for Dental Implants
Regular cleaning is the best way to keep dental implants disease-free. During a professional cleaning at a dental clinic, dental hygienists use special gizmos made of resins and plastics to clean around the implants without damaging the same. However, at home, taking care of them is all in your hands.
The best way to care for single implants are-
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day using a soft bristled brush. While brushing, take care to use a low-abrasive toothpaste
- Brush around and under the implant crown, using a nylon coated interdental brush to clean hard to reach areas around the implant crown.
- Regular dental flossing also helps to keep plaque formation between tooth gaps.
Caring for overdenture
Overdenture is basically a removable dental prosthesis that covers the natural teeth or what is left of them. This is one of the most practical solutions used in preventive dentistry to cover natural teeth, roots and implants. The steps to take care of overdentures are -
- Remove the denture and soak it in the cleaner for a recommended time daily.
- Make sure that all your o-rings, locator caps and clips are in place and alert your dentist if it’s missing.
- Make sure to rinse the overdue thoroughly with water prior to placing them in the mouth.
- While brushing, make sure to brush the underside of the denture with a special denture brush.
Proper care of implants and overdentures is a must for good oral health. Dental implants protect your oral cavity from further troubles and help maintain overall health. Consult your dentist in Dubai to learn more about dental implants.