While many people are dealing with economic recession, all over the globe, they tend to neglect all other aspects of their lives, especially their personal health, like dental health, explains a dentist in Dubai. Individuals should focus on maintaining and improving the health of their teeth and gums and it’s just as important as worrying about the ‘yo-yo’ effect of the economy.
Getting down to serious ‘mouth business’ , it is important to maintain healthy gums, if not it can develop into a very worrying condition, called gum recession. Gum recession is a condition that affects many patients, young or old and a patient’s risk of developing it increases as they get older. Gum recession will make the mouth more sensitivity, while escalating the risk of other oral health problems.
The dental center in Dubai along with their experienced team of dental professionals, offer gum recession treatment to patients who have a gum line that is shrinking. These restorative dentistry treatments will boost the health of the gums by grafting gum tissue in the areas of the mouth that is affected by recession. This sounds so much more complex and painful than an economic recession!
However, gum recession is not something out of the ordinary, it’s a very common condition, even though it is not often heard about in the local gossip columns. Gum recession is caused by a variety of hidden elements, that are hardly identified as the cause at the onset. These include,
- Gum disease - This is the most common cause of gum recession. As bacteria and plaque build-up and develop, it usually tends to sneak up under the gum line. This plaque build up will irritation and make the gums more susceptible to an infection, as a result and will also cause the gums to pull away from the teeth and shrink.
- Smoking – Apart from tobacco smoke causing diseases such as cancer, it also put’s people at a high risk of developing gum disease as well and also sticky plaque build-up that can cause gum recession.
- Mouth piercing – There goes that hard earned argument why you need a tongue ring! Lip and tongue piercing will rub against the gums and cause irritation, as gums are very sensitive. This leads to the gums receding, and areas that have frequent contact with the piercing is high risk.
- Brushing the teeth too hard – Brushing teeth often is definitely a good habit, but brushing too aggressively or with a brush that is too hard can irritate the gums, causing them to recede. By all means make sure not to get discouraged from brushing your teeth, just don’t do it too hard, explains the Clinic’s general dentist in Dubai.
- It runs in the family - Some people are born with very sensitive gums. These people are more susceptible to developing gum disease.
These are some of the most common causes of gum recession, but they cannot take all the credit. There are other issues that contribute to gum recession, such as hormonal changes to Bruxism. This is why it’s so important to visit the dental clinic in Dubai regularly, so the dentist can assess the main cause of gum recession and address it before its too late.