Only a person with less than perfect teeth would know the sorrows that one goes through, having to face the world with a smile which one is not fully satisfied with. The number of people with imperfections in teeth including discoloured, cracked, chipped or malformed teeth is quite large, but these people have now been offered hope through veneers.
Not everyone is born with good teeth. Meanwhile, some of us who are born with good teeth ruin them over time, consuming the wrong food and drinks, not practising proper hygiene habits and not paying regular visits to the dentist. All of them can benefit from veneers.
One of the best places for getting veneers in Dubai is the German Dental and Neuromuscular Clinic which is a favoured orthodontic specialist in Dubai. The reasons for their popularity are the qualified and experienced dental surgeons who practise there, the advanced methodologies used and the high-tech equipment which minimise the discomfort for the patients. Porcelain veneers Dubai are the most popular among all veneers.
However, if you are considering getting veneers Dubai to make your teeth look better, there are some points which you need to be aware of before you make the final decision to go ahead with the procedure. As with everything else in this world, there are positive and negative aspects to dental veneers as well, so you should proceed with your eyes fully open.
Below we give a list of some of the pros and cons related to veneers:
- Better appearance – Porcelain veneers are made of a semi-translucent ceramic and look exactly like the teeth enamel and therefore cannot be told apart. A better appearance results in more confidence and a more positive attitude overall.
- Since veneers Dubai are custom designed for each individual, it’s possible to choose the exact colour and shape of a specific person’s teeth for the veneers so that they won’t stand out from the rest of the teeth. UNlike dental crowns, veneers don;t take long to shape either.
- Since veneers have a smooth and impervious surface, they are more resistant to stains of all types. Thus, one can consume what they like without worrying too much about dyes in food and drinks causing stains.
- Long-lasting – Porcelain veneers have a lifetime of even 20 years if proper and healthy dental care is maintained. Composite veneers, on the other hand, last about seven years.
- Veneers Dubai can be successfully attached with just two visits to the dentist and the results are also immediate unlike some other methods of treatment which may take even months for the final result to be visible.
- Porcelain veneers Dubai may fulfil several functions at once such as broken, misshapen or crooked teeth, stained and discoloured teeth, worn down teeth, gaps between teeth and teeth which are out of proportion. This would eliminate the need for the orthodontic specialist in Dubai to carry out several procedures to correct more than one of these imperfections.
- Dental veneers in Dubai are easy to maintain. As long as you treat them well with daily brushing and flossing and regular visits to your orthodontic specialist in Dubai, like you do with your natural teeth, they will serve you well for a long time to come. Your dentist will also advise you on special measures that are required, for instance, if you are prone to bruxism or grinding of teeth, you will need to wear a night guard on your teeth when you sleep, to prevent damaging the veneers. Mouth guards should be worn when playing sports, especially contact sports, to again prevent damage to veneers.
- Veneers are not for everyone. People with weak or decaying teeth, bad teeth enamel and have aggravated periodontal disease or bruxism are not good candidates for porcelain veneers.
- Porcelain veneers are very expensive, If you want them on several teeth, the cost could be prohibitive. Replacing broken veneers could take a lot of time and money.
- They could break or get damaged if you eat hard food, grind your teeth or exert too much force on them.
- Teeth could become more sensitive to hot and cold items as a bit of the enamel has to be removed to apply veneers.
- Although only a little enamel has to be removed, sometimes it may be discovered during the procedure that more enamel needs to be removed. This could result in trauma to the teeth. A thorough discussion with the dentist is thus necessary before any procedure is carried out.
- Once porcelain veneers are placed in the mouth, they cannot be removed or reshaped. Since the procedure is irreversible, it should be done absolutely right.
Now you know the good and bad to getting veneers Dubai. So, why not discuss it with your trusted dentist at the German Dental and Neuromuscular Clinic in Dubai before you decide to take the plunge?