“When you’re smiling, the whole world smiles with you” is a famous saying, explains the dentist in Dubai. However, when people suffer from a toothache, they may not feel like smiling much. With today’s, latest technology and advanced restorative dentistry, the dental clinics in Dubai can certainly help to rebuild an individual’s smile after it has been damaged. But first, things first and a patient should initially seek a remedy for the excruciating toothache before embarking on any further dental enhancements.
We have all been there some time or the other in our lives, with a bad tooth pain. At the dental center in Dubai, the team of dental experts proudly offers a full range of cosmetic, restorative, and general dentistry for the whole family, including treatment for tooth pain, whatever the cause may be. The dental experts will bring the pain under control, address the root issue, and perform the required restorative and cosmetic work that is necessary to make the patient smile again. The patient will walk away from the treatment room feeling and looking their absolute best once again.
Some of the main causes of Toothaches
In most instances a toothache can be caused by something as simple as a piece of food stuck in the teeth. Therefore, proper oral care such as regular brushing, flossing, and rinsing the mouth thoroughly after every meal is important. If you’re suffering from a toothache make sure to brush, floss and rinse the mouth thoroughly and if the toothache continues, then don’t hesitate to see a dentist immediately. Even though there are short term remedies to mitigate the pain, the problem will not solve itself in the long run and will need to have a dentist’s skilled expertise to solve the tooth pain.
There are a number of reasons a person may have a toothache, and the proper treatment will depend on the cause. The most common causes of toothaches include:
- Root canal infections: Each tooth in an individual’s mouth contains between one and four chambers called root canals. Each root canal contains dental pulp, composed of blood vessels, nerves, and connective tissues. This pulp provides essential nutrients the tooth needs to stay alive. While the tooth is healthy and structurally intact, the pulp is shielded from harm, but when the structural integrity of the tooth becomes compromised, the pulp can easily become infected or diseased. When this happens, a person can suffer from intense pain and sensitivity, making them unable to eat or drink. The only way to relieve this pain is to remove the pulp, clean the root canal, replace the pulp with a filler substance, and then cover the tooth with Dental Crowns Dubai. As a last resort the tooth may be extracted.
- Gum disease: The most severe form of the disease, periodontitis, tooth pain is common, especially as the gums begin to pull away from the teeth.
- Trauma to the tooth: If the tooth is chipped, cracked, or otherwise damaged due to injury, an individual may experience pain.
- Tooth grinding: Chronic tooth grinding, or bruxism, can cause the protective enamel of the teeth to become worn, leading to tooth pain.
- Malocclusion: Malocclusion, or a bad bite, can lead to tooth pain. Orthodontic treatment can help to strengthen the bite and therefore resolve tooth pain.
- Temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorder: TMJ disorder can cause pain in several areas of the body, including the neck, ears, shoulders, back, head, and teeth.